[p4] P4V spits out lots of "Slashes (/) not allowed in ' workspace//depot/stream' ." warnings

peetonn perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Sat Jul 7 20:25:01 PDT 2018

Posted on behalf of forum user 'peetonn'.

As a new Perforce user, I ended up with a bunch of pending changelists which are
empty if opened using P4V. However any attempt to access information
(right-click) or expand a changelist in P4V results in this warning message:
Slashes (/) not allowed in 'workspace//depot/stream'.

At this point, I'd like to delete those changelists, however P4V prevents me
from doing this: when right-clicked, the warning dialog is displayed (btw
checking "Ignore additional errors for this command" doesn't help
suppressing the dialog) and after closing the dialog, right click doesn't
work anymore and I can't select menu to delete the changelist.

Looking for any advice on how to clean up this mess.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5774-p4v-spits-out-lots-of-slashes-not-allowed-in-workspacedepotstream-warnings