[p4] Deleting users on expired license

peetonn perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Jul 11 18:00:01 PDT 2018

Posted on behalf of forum user 'peetonn'.

Our team was issued a temporary license due to purchasing bureaucracy and it got
expired before the new license arrived. Now every perforce command fails with
"License expired" message.
Attempts to rollback to 5-user free license failed:

1/ Tried to remove 10 users (total 15) to go back to free 5-user license, but
P4V doesn't allow to delete user (button is disabled) and `p4d user -d
<username>` command fails with "License expired" message:

```
$ p4 user -d acenteno
License file invalid.
License expired.
```

2/ shut down server and remove `license` and `license.txt` files from `P4ROOT`
then start server again -- server won't start, saying:

```
Perforce server error:
Warning! You have exceeded the usage limits of Perforce Helix. Version 16.1
allows up to five users without commercial licenses. You may continue your
current usage with previous versions of our software.

Try deleting old users with 'user -d'.
License count: 15 users used of 5 licensed.

For additional licenses, contact Perforce Sales at sales at perforce.com.
Perforce server error:
Warning! You have exceeded the usage limits of Perforce Helix. Version 16.1
allows up to five users without commercial licenses. You may continue your
current usage with previous versions of our software.

Try deleting old users with 'user -d'.
License count: 15 users used of 5 licensed.

For additional licenses, contact Perforce Sales at sales at perforce.com.
```

How shall I delete users on expired license?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5780-deleting-users-on-expired-license