[p4] How to remove extra text when running p4 change -o

Dromedaries123 perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Jul 17 10:55:02 PDT 2018

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Dromedaries123'.

Hi,
I noticed that when I run p4 change -o <changelist#> that the output
always starts with a large block of text that looks like

'# A Perforce Change Specification.
#
#
Change:            The
change number. 'new' on a new changelist.
#
Date:
The date this specification was last modified.
#
Client:                The
client on which the changelist was created. Read-only.

and so on.

I would like to parse the useful information about my changelist, but I was
wondering if there is a tag or option or any way I can run the p4 change -o
command without getting the lengthy introduction text every time.

Thanks

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5784-how-to-remove-extra-text-when-running-p4-change-o