[p4] Revert another user’s open files

David Yerkess perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Jul 23 09:55:01 PDT 2018

Posted on behalf of forum user 'David Yerkess'.

We have updated Perforce Server to 2018.1 and client P4V to 2018.2.

I have found that the  revert  command is behaving different.

Before as admin I could use
p4 revert -C bruno_ws //depot/www/dev/Jam.html
Now I have to add the global option -H
p4 -H Bruno revert -C bruno_ws //depot/www/dev/Jam.html
Also if the workspace is locked, then I cannot revert a user's file without
removing the lock from his client spec (or knowing his password).

Is this an intended change?

Thanks,

David.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5797-revert-another-user%e2%80%99s-open-files