[p4] "Get These Revisions" of changelist with 1 file caused syncing 100, 000 files

mikecline perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Jul 27 10:05:01 PDT 2018

Posted on behalf of forum user 'mikecline'.

I also polled the rest of the team for their experiences with this feature,
here's an anecdote from one other developer.

It’s good to know that I’m no longer alone in this. I’ve used the feature
on a number of occasions to no peril, but one time, without prompt, it caused
Perforce to  delete every file from my harddrive  that was in the project,
forcing me to force-get the entire project and rebuild. I have no clue what I
did differently that time but it’s left me hypersensitive to Perforce
operations since.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5800-get-these-revisions-of-changelist-with-1-file-caused-syncing-100000-files