[p4] p4 reconcile -w -f and -//workspace/excludes/...

Sambwise perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Jul 31 16:10:02 PDT 2018

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Sambwise'.

[https://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=23750]
callmewilko, on 2018/07/31 09:41:04 UTC, said:
>    This obviously isn't a developer machine use case, this is the "repeatable formal build" use case, where I want to know beyond doubt that the checkout is clean.

Map everything in the client then.

//repo/... //workspace/...

The exclusion for "tests" seems like the sort of thing that would be
intended to keep a developer from accidentally checking in the tests
folder.  Your automation has no need of that sort of filtering, and
wants to have a high level of confidence that everything is
controlled.  Just have the client map everything.   :)

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5773-p4-reconcile-w-f-and-workspaceexcludes